Monday 12 November 2012

One Large Snowball

I'm so excited, this is my first post as a Design Team member for Ooh La La Creations, I fell in love with their CD's when I first saw Shoes in Bloom and this was the third time that I had applied to be on their design team, third time lucky - either that or they just felt sorry for me!

Our challenge this fortnight is - SOMEONE SPECIAL - this is the Christmas card I have made for my husband this year, he is very special, particularly at the moment because he has just bought me some lovely new storage for my craft room!  This gorgeous snowman is from the Christmas Presence CD - I just love these whimsical images, they are suitable for both sexes and most ages.


The pyramid image and papers are all from the CD and I have used Kraft card stock to layer everything onto.  My sentiment is computer generated and the die cut snowflake was cut from corrugated Kraft card stock with a selection of Spellbinders dies.  I have kept things quite simple as this is for my husband and just added a little raffia and a small charm to complete my card.

As usual I have decorated the inside using the same papers and layout.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The Joanna Sheen Challenge - Cold and Frosty
Crafty Calendar November Challenge - Wrap up Warm for Winter
For Fun Challenges - Burr it's Cold!
Southern Girls Challenge 57 - 46 Days to go (Christmas)
Stamping with the Dragon Challenge - Christmas, NO red and NO green
Delightful Challenges - Let it snow
Creative Craft Challenge - Special Occasion - NOT Birthday

Make sure your pop over the the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog and check out the DT inspiration, we would love for you to join us for our 'SOMEONE SPECIAL' challenge.

Thank you for calling this morning, please leave a comment so that I know you've been and will be able to come and visit you.

Pauline
x



27 comments:

rachel said...

this is just gorgeous Pauline! Fabulous layout and beautiful colours! Hugs rachel xx

Christine said...

Congratulations Pauline on your well deserved DT appointment.
Your card is gorgeous and I know hubby will treasure it.
Beautiful layout as always and I love the the way you show us the inside of the card.
Hugs
Christine xx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Pauline this is stunning love it gorgeous image and papers beautiful
Jacki xx
http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

Alyx said...

Beautiful card. Love the image, papers and layout. Really lovely. Off to check out the disk!

Thanks for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge.
Good luck.
xx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card Pauline,love your fab image and layout.xxx

sue-b said...

A fabulous creation Pauline and well done on your DT spot with Ooh lala Creations xx sue-b

Carol said...

This looks fabulous Pauline, the papers go so well with the kraft card. Well done on the DT position it's well deserved. Carol x

Michelle J M said...

So beautiful! Its so dreamy! Yes, husband does deserve such a lovely card! Congrats on your DT at Ooh La La, they couldnt have chosed a better designer. Michelle x

KandA said...

Hi Pauline, congrats on the DT post with OLL. This is such a stunning card - the pyramage and design are just so super xx

NancyD said...

Great dimension and lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Kathy D. said...

Is each circle on the snowman cut out and layered on each other or is it just printed to look that way? Love it either way!
A very handsome masculine card.
Thanks for playing with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you Wednesday when the new challenge is posted!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Pauline, I love the pale blue with the kraft card and it's such a fab design...gorgeous work sweetie :) Donna ♥ x

Rosietoes said...

Congratulations on your DT place Pauline - it's well deserved. Gorgeous card. Love everything about it.

Edna x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. I love the Snowman and fab design.
Congratulations on your DT place.
Lorraine x

Deirdre said...

Just beautiful - thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wow! Lovely card! Wonderful work! Thanks for joining the Think Christmas Challenge at Southern Girls!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Pia S said...

I so love your "CD made" cards, Pauline! I think the metal snowman is a cute little detail:)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline I absolutely love this wonderful card that layered snowman is awesome so is the design, brilliant creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Daniele said...

totally stunning such a wonderful image
hugs

Beryl said...

Congratulations on your DT post. Your husband's card is lovely - super image and great design.
Beryl xx

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Pauline you did your DT proud! This is beautiful and I LOVE the way you layered the circles of snowmen! Love the papers and all the accents! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls Challenge!
Carolyn, DT

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

What a beauty you have created for your first DT post .. .. you will be a credit to the team.

Love that gorgeous snowman (and the tiny little snowman charm).

Great finished look.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Helen Dooley said...

This is a Gorgeous card! Im really glad you decided to share on For Fun! I just LOVE snowmen!
Hugs~

thecraftycavalier said...

Fabulous Pauline! I LOVE the layout - really fab. The image is great too! Thank you for sharing this with us over at Joanna Sheen's challenge blog. Hugs, Jayne xx

Eva Marie said...

Lovely christmas card!I love what you did with the image, gorgeous effect.
Thanks for playing at SGC
Hugs :)

Tip Top said...

Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Pauline!! Awesome colors and I LOVE all of the layers! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x