Sunday 25 November 2012

Christmas Robin

This is my fourth and final week as Guest Designer for the CD Sunday Challenge and our theme this week is 'Inspired by Nature'.  I would like to thank the CD Sunday Team for inviting me to Guest Design for them, I have thoroughly enjoyed the month I have spent with them.

I have used an image and papers from my Joanna Sheen - The Jayne Netley Mayhew Collection Part 2 CD.  I use this image every year on a Christmas card, I love it so much.  It is not actually a decoupage image on the CD so I print it out multiple times and make my own.


I have decorated the inside of my card using the same layout and papers along with a small image that is actually on the backing papers.


Card Recipe:

Image and Papers:  Joanna Sheen - The Jayne Netley Mayhew Collection
Part 2
Card Stock:  Crafter's Companion - Core'dinations
Tools:  Spellbinders -  Twisted Metal Tags and Accents and Classic Square (inside card)
Embellishments:  Card Candy from stash
Sentiment:  Pink Petticoat - Handwritten Christmas Greetings

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Whimsy Stamps Challenge 53 - Traditional Christmas Colours
Creative Card Crew Challenge 24 - Anything Goes
Crafty Ann's Challenge 79 - Birds and/or Animals
Delicious Doodles Challenge 12 - Something That Flies
Card and Scrap Challenge 43 - Christmas
Christmas Crafting Challenge 16 - Decoupage
Party Time Tuesday's Challenge 95 - Colour/Picture Challenge (I was inspired by the red and the bird)
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge 196 - Make a card or project that makes you feel Happy!
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge 85 - Inspiration from a song (When The Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along)

Thank you for joining me today, please pop over to The CD Sunday Challenge Blog and have a look at the DT inspiration, we would love for you to join in with our 'Inspired by Nature' Challenge this week.  All you need to do is use something from a CD - even if only a small piece of paper or embellishment and make sure you give credit to the CD you have used.

I hope you are all having a fab weekend.

Pauline
x

29 comments:

Beryl said...

Pauline this is gorgeous. You have made this 'flat' image in a beautiful decoupaged one and I admire your skill and patience on that. As always, a beautiful design.
Beryl xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful card...such a lovely image and colouring.xxx

Doreen said...

Beautiful card...such a lovely image and colouring.xxx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Pauline. I love that robin

Sue

Nannieflash said...

Hi Pauline, oh wow what a lovely Xmas card, I love the traditional images and this robin is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxx

Seafield Jo said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I too love that image and I love how you've decoupaged it, it's a beautiful card.

Jo x

rachel said...

stunning card Pauline - you can't beat a robin for Christmas can you - we tell our girls that they are santas spies - and that they're always checking out to see whether the girls are being good!!!! Hugs Rachel xx

Carol said...

Beautiful card Pauline. I think I will vote you the Decoupage Queen.. Thank you for all your wonderful cards whilst our GD and I hope you will be back again.
Carol x

Donna said...

Beautiful work Pauline, the traditional robin image is beautiful and your decoupage is so neat :) Donna ♥ x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. I love the robin, he's fab and looks great in 3D.
Lorraine x

Claire said...

Lovely traditional card hun. Hugs, Claire x

Christine said...

I love this Pauline, the image is stunning and the decoupage gorgeous. You have been a great Guest Designer for us and I hope you will come back very soon.
Hugs
Christine xx

Anne Bente said...

Åhhhhh, denne var bare super sød♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knussss♥

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this card Pauline. I'd quite forgotten that this gorgeous robin was on the Jayne Netley Mayhew CD, now you've reminded me I'll be using it soon.


Sue x

Jules said...

A really lovely Christmas card Pauline.

All of that holly must have taken ages to cut and layer up!!! What patience you have.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is gorgeous. thanks for sharing over at Creative Card Crew
Elaine DT

kelly ledder said...

What a gorgeous card, lovely.

Hope you are well x

Sue B said...

Aww this is so sweet Pauline… I love the sweet robin image and the decoupage looks fab! the embellishments are just perfect! :-)
Hope you had a good weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Carol said...

Another gorgeous one Pauline, it's a gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's. Carol x

Amanda said...

Oh your fussy cutting is Amazing!! All of your details and the design layout really enhance the pretty bird and card's loveliness! I love it! :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday "Happy' Challenge!!

~ Amanda :)

dawnmercedes said...

Thanks for joining the Party Planners at Party Time Tuesdays This week!

Ann Whitfield said...

Wonderful card Pauline, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

sue-b said...

Pauline another stunning creation from you, we have loved having you as our Guest designer this month and do hope you will be back soon . xx

meg said...

love your card great to see a robin as the centre piece beautiful decoupage. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Crafting this month.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card...I just adore robins. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting.
Debbie x

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful robin card Pauline. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps, good luck with the challenge x

Kim said...

just love that cute robin! gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps!
Kim – Digital Designer x

Deanette said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

Jen said...

This is a lovely card and have enjoyed seeing your other guest designs on CD Sunday too. Thank you for sharing this one with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x