Sunday 4 November 2012

Christmas in Pink

This is a rather special post for me today, I have been invited to Guest Design at The CD Sunday Challenge for the month of November, this was one of the first challenges I ever entered and I have tried to enter on a regular basis. The DT are a lovely bunch and they always pop over and leave nice comments on all of the challenge entries.

The theme of the challenge this week is 'Christmas in Pink' and as it's the first Sunday of the month we have a fab sponsor - Dreamees.  My image, papers and sentiment were all provided by our fab sponsor.


I decided to team my pink image and papers with some dark brown Core'dinations card stock, full details of everything I have used are listed below.

As always I have decorated the inside of my card to match the front.


Card Recipe:

Image, Sentiment and Papers:  Dreamees
Card Stock:  Crafter's Companion - Core'dinations
Tools:  Spellbinders - Scalloped Circle and Classic Circle, X-Cut - Scalloped Border Punch
Embellishments:  Ribbon, snowflakes and gems from stash

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

There's Magic in the Air Magical Monday Challenge - Pretty in Pink
The Perfect Sentiment Challenge 54 - Think Pink for Christmas
The Paper Shelter Challenge 88 - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge 89 - Anything Goes with Die Cuts
LEJ Designs Challenge 27 - Anything Goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenge 22 - Contemporary Colour Combo
Willow Sketchie Challenge - Sketch and/or Festive Sparkle and Shine
My Time to Craft Challenge 195 - Pink & Brown

Thank you for joining me today, please pop over to The CD Sunday Challenge Blog and have a look at the DT inspiration, we would love for you to join in with our 'Christmas in Pink' Challenge this week.  All you need to do is use something from a CD - even if only a small piece of paper or embellishment and make sure you give credit to the CD you have used.

I hope you are all having a fab weekend and keeping warm.

Pauline
x


30 comments:

Nela said...

Your card is fabulous!
Love the color combo!
I look forward to working with you at BMD!
Nela xx

Unknown said...

Stunning and classy card Pauline, gorgeous in pink..x

rachel said...

beautiful card Pauline - love the colour combo - really beautiful xx

valou250809 said...

Magnificient card! love the colours and the sweet.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image,colours and layout.xxx

Seafield Jo said...

Congratulations on your Guest Design post, this is one of my favourite challenge.

I love your card, the brown works perfectly with the pink and I love the snowflakes.

Jo x

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Pauline.
I love your card, the image is gorgeous and the colours are fabulous

Sue

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline. I love how you have combined the brown and pink. Beautiful layout too and you always add a picture of the inside of the card which is super to see. So pleased to 'have you on board' for this month over at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx

KandA said...

Stunning card Pauline, such a great design and colour combo xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, I love your pink Christmas card. Gorgeous design!

Pia S said...

The brown frame and ribbon make a beautiful contrast to your lovely pink and white base! The die cut snowflakes match your DP perfectly. Sweet Christmas card, Pauline!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card, Pauline with lovely details...thanks for playing with Willow Sketchie
xxx Margreet

kelly ledder said...

Beautiful layout, beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Willow Sketchie this week Pauline.

Hugs Kelly x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Congrats on your GDT spot.
Your card is gorgeous - love the pink and brown combo and so nice to see your design echoed on the inside.
Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Pauline, I am so pleased you love our (Dreamees) files you were given to design a card.
I love the colour combo you have used. A perfect card.
carol Bignall
DreameesC

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline, Stunning card, I love it , Im pleased you love our (Dreamees) files you were given for the challenge. You have created a stunning card I love it , so much detail with the inside being decorated too.
Carol Bignall
Dreamees

Betty said...

Beautiful card very classy
Bettyxxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous pink Christmas card. I love the design and fabulous tree.
Lorraine x

Shari said...

Beautiful card with such lovely soft colors and a fabulous design!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

Sue B said...

Wow this is gorgeous Pauline… I love pink and brown… the papers and embellishments are really beautiful.. Love the image and those fab sparkly snowflakes!
Big Congrats on your GDT Spot!! :-)
Hope you've had a lovely weekend
Big hugs
Sue xx

Janice said...

Pauline this is delightful! What a great card, Jx

shaz earl said...

A brilliant creation!

Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
Good luck in the draw

Shaz x

Margaret said...

Very lovely. I really like that tree image and it's all nicely set off by the brown.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Great card Sweetie, i love the colour combo.
Thank you for joining in LEJ Designs challenge x

Gerda said...

What a fabulous Christmas card!!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Molly said...

Love the clean and simpleness of this card... and your color combo is my favorite!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning too, Love the pink and brown colour scheme, Thanks again for playing on Sparkles Christmas this month, Love Hazelxox

Beryl said...

Hi Pauline, Sorry I've only just got here - I'm still catching up after my hectic dancathon weekender.
Love what you've done with these pink files - this is a gorgeous card - inside and out. Love the banner too. I struggle to get them punched/cut evenly.
Beryl xx

Michelle J M said...

Sorry I haven't been around lately Pauline but have been having terrible problems with my internet. We live in a little village and it seems the connection to the village broke down! It still seems a little dodgy though! Have had a look at all your cards I have missed and of course they are all stunning as always. Michelle x P.S.Congrats on your GDT spot at CD Sunday, so very well deserved.

wannabcre8tive said...

So very pretty, thanks for joining us over at There's Magic in the Air.