Tuesday 6 December 2011

Wild English Flowers

I made this card at the request of a neighbour.  She wanted to send a card to her elderly Father who lives in Australia with wild English flowers on it, well that was a challenge in itself but fortunately Joanna Sheen came to the rescue with her Jayne Netley Mayhew Collection Part 2.  My neighbour wanted a decoupage card but unfortunately this image was not in the decoupage section so I printed it several times and created the decoupage myself.  The backing paper is also from the CD and is layered onto dark green card as is the image.


I printed an insert from the CD and layered that onto the same dark green card stock to decorate the inside of the card.


As the card is for an elderly gentleman I just added some card candy as an embellishment.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

I did it Creations Challenge 84 - Flowers
Glitter Geeks Week 26 - Decoupage
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thank you for looking.

Pauline
x

6 comments:

Sue B said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. Love the flower image and beautiful paper. The candy is just right - perfect for male card.
Hope you're having a good week!
Hugs Sue xx

Paula said...

Beautiful card Pauline inside and out, it all goes so well together, love it! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Berry said...

Stunning work thanks so much for paying at PTW hugs Rebekah GDT xxx

Fiona said...

this is sooo pretty!! Great job with the decoupage...I just don't have the patience for all the precise cutting!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Papertake Weekly.

Fi GDT
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so beautiful, lovely elegant design. Thanks for following me I am following you too now
Lindsay xx

happyscrapper said...

This is truly gorgeous card. It is crisp and clean. Thanks for joining us this week at IDIC. Good luck and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at IDIC