Monday 12 December 2011

Pretty in Pink

The challenge over at Ooh La La Creations at the moment is Anything but a Card so I thought I'd make another of my little desk calendars.  They were a great success at the Christmas Fair that I sold at earlier this month, they completely sold out, people bought them as gifts.

For this one I've used one of the cute images from Joanna Sheen's Furry Friends CD, I teamed it up with Henbury Lane papers by docrafts that have been in my stash for ages and layered everything onto some matt gold card stock.


The calendar is made in an easel card design with the calendar as the stopper.  I added a Spellbinders Floral Flourishes swirl cut from the same gold card stock and embellished it with some small pink roses, a pink bow completes the project.

I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:

Ooh La La Creations Challenge 95 - Anything but a Card
Just Some Lines Challenge - Handmade Gifts
The Crafty Pad Challenge 151 - Send someone a Smile - No Birthdays or Christmas
The Crazy Challenge 97 - More than one fold (my calendar is an easel card design)
Totally Papercrafts Challenge 96 - Anything but Christmas
Scrap-Creations - Make it a present

There is still time to enter the challenge over at Willow Sketchie, pop over and have a look, the prize this week is a voucher to spend in the Willow Designs Shop.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment I would love to know what you think.

Pauline
x







17 comments:

Jan said...

This is so beautiful Pauline. Love it xx Jan

Catherine said...

Fab calendar and wonderful colours as well....

Nicola said...

What a beautiful calendar Pauline, no wonder they all sold out, love the image and the design!
Love Nicola xxx

Sue B said...

Hi Pauline, thanks for your lovely comment! I'm not surprised that you are busy with your son's 16th to organise as well as Christmas!!
Your desk calendar is So beautiful and makes a great gift! Gorgeous image and love your papers and embellishments! It's a real winner of a design!! ;-)
Hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Pauline,love the image.xxx

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Pauline,

I like cats. Your calendar is very successful and the photo which you used is magnificent ! I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Tina said...

this is simply lovely...thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Seafield Jo said...

Hi Pauline, this is stunning, I love it. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I think we're all chasing our tails a bit at the moment, I know I am, and I don't have a 16th birthday to organise! I hope your son has a lovely day. Lots of hugs, Jo xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines! :)

Diane said...

You`ve got to smile at that very cute kitty !! Fab idea Pauline to make a desk calendar !! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

Basement Stamper said...

Such a sweet calendar, love that image you used! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations this week!

xxxtglxxx said...

Awww, how lovely is this! :) Gorgeous creation, and a fab idea for keeping a calendar on display :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vee said...

This is so sweet!!. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Stressed Stamper said...

Great calendar. Thanks for joining Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week - Good Luck
Sarah

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing your cute calendar with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Send Someone A Smile Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

aqualeiga said...

What a sweet calendar, I'd be more than happy to look into that kitten's eyes every day of the year! I am so pleased you joined us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week, and we wish you a very happy xmas.

Hugs, Ali x

DesigNeAl said...

Beautiful desk calendar!
Thanks for sharing your project with us at Ooh la la; we hope to see you again soon x