Sunday 4 December 2011

Times Gone By

This is the card that I've made for the CD Sunday Challenge this week which is 'Things with Whiskers'.  I'm back to my first love of decoupage again and this lovely image is from the decoupage section on Joanna Sheen's 'Times Gone By' CD.


After printing and cutting out the image I assembled it with Collall 3D glue, I then layered it onto white card stock and then gold mirror card before finally mounting it onto an 8 inch square card base.  I followed the same process with the sentiment which is also from the CD.  The backing paper has been created from an insert on the same CD and layered onto gold mirror card.  I've added some gold ribbon and some white poinsettias from my stash to complete the card.

For the inside of my card I enlarged an insert and layered it onto gold mirror card.


I would  like to enter this card into the following challenges:

CD Sunday Challenge - Things with Whiskers
Glitter Geeks Challenge Week 26 - Decoupage
Sugar Creek Hollow - Christmas card in non-traditional colours

Please leave me a comment, I love reading them.

Pauline
x

19 comments:

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Pauline! I've just been doing some similar decoupage cards myself. They look beautiful when you add a sentiment and a little bling!! Really sweet card!
Hope you have a great evening!
Hugs Sue xx

starcyl said...

This is lovely and one cd I don't have from Joanna, I do like the feel of the card and the added ribbon and flowers finsih it off beautifully. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday and best of luck with the draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great card Pauline, I too love decoupage and return to it time and time again. I don't have this particular cd - you've made a super card using it. Jo x

ike said...

FABULOUS - love this card. Beautiful work and lovely inside too. Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles.
Ike xx
DDDT


www.ikesart.com

Jocelyn said...

This is absoluely lovely and that puss looks just like my cat Daisy. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A beautiful card Pauline and what a delicious bow.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love your card Pauline, I adore the black and white cat soooo sweet x

s4rah said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, looks just like my dad's cat, looking at the snow but not keen on venturing out! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week x

s4rah said...

Great card Pauline, looks just like my dad's cat looking at the snow but not keen to venture out in it! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week x

Nelly said...

very stylish card Pauline, and that pusscat very adorable :-)... thanks for joining us at the Glitter Geeks challenge this week...Nelly x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Pauline. This cat looks just like one that we had when we first got married.

Sue x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Beautiful decoupage card Pauline! Thanks for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts this week. **Linda

Beryl K said...

This is just stunning Pauline, beautiful image and decoupaged to perfection. Many thanks for joing us at CD Sunday this time
Beryl x GDT

Paula said...

Beautiful card Pauline! Your decoupage is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Jodi said...

This is adorable - just love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Delicious Doodles and good luck!
Hugs,
Jodi

Cec said...

Very cute. I love how you created the scene and also have the cat on the inside. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely card Pauline, I do like the images on this CD, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x

Christine said...

A beautiful card Pauline and your bow is super. I don't have this CD of Joanna's but your image is great. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful Christmas card Pauline. Love what you did with the image. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-