Monday 19 December 2011

A Gift

This is my entry for this weeks Top Tip Tuesday, I nearly missed it this week, I've been so busy with my son's 16th Birthday.

This is a gift that I am going to give my Mother-in-Law for Christmas:


It's a picture made using one of the decoupage images from Joanna Sheen's Faye Whittaker CD.  You can't really see the decoupage, it's really difficult to photograph something with glass in front.  I chose a Faye Whittaker image because I've previously made MIL cards using this CD and she always loves them.

This was my second attempt at making this picture, I cut out all the pieces and layered them up using Collall 3D decoupage glue (on the first attempt I made the picture so high that the glass wouldn't fit on top, so I had to print everything out again).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday Challenge 64 - A Gift (Tip - if you are putting a decoupage picture in a picture frame make sure you don't make the decoupage so high that the glass will not fit properly)
Mami Doodles Challenge 40 - Altered Art/Home Decor
Anything Goes Challenge 56 - Anything but a card
Ooh La La Challenge 95 - Anything but a card
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 111 - For Someone Special (Mother-in-Law)

Thank you for looking.

Pauline
x

7 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great gift idea! I'm sure she will love it as it is beautiful...

Claire said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pauline, it's truly beautiful and I am sure she will adore this. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Pauline, Thanks for coming to join us at Top Tip Tuesday this time, I hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss too! xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great gift,thanks for playing at anything goes this week, trace x

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your creation is wonderful. Thanks for joining in with us at Totally Gorjuss Challenge this time, Come play again soon.

Hugs
Heike

Wendi said...

It's a beautiful gift and image and that's one lucky mother inlaw
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi