Saturday 8 October 2011

Trick or Treat

Hi everyone, I was asked if I would like to make a card as Guest Designer for Cupcake Cards and Crafts.  It will be a reminder post for their October Challenge - Halloween With Kraft.  Well as if I was going to refuse, what an honour, I love their challenges the DT cards are gorgeous.

So here is the card I made:


As you've probably noticed I made a little treat bag to go with the card.  I started out just making a normal card, but after I'd decided on the design I wanted I couldn't figure out how to fit the greeting in so I turned it into an easel card.

I used Kraft card as a base for my design papers and the image, the treat bag is created from Kraft paper.  The image and sentiment is from Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons and the design papers are from Crafter's Companion.  The little spider webs in the corners are cut from a Bearly Mine design paper and the flowers were punched from Kraft paper and some of the design papers.  The other embellishments were some pearls, brads and ribbon from my stash.


This is my card on it's own, I'm never quite sure how to photograph easel cards.



and this is the treat bag, just right for some nice sweets for any Trick or Treaters that happen along on Halloween night.

Image:   Polka Doodles - Sundae of Seasons
Papers:  Crafter's Companion - Member Download of the Month, Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme
Tools:  punch bunch flower punch
Embellishments:   pearls, brads and ribbon from stash

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Spooky
I Did It Creations Challenge 75 - Halloween
Creative Card Crew - Easel Card Challenge
Bearly Mine Designs Challenge 20 - 3 Design/Backing Papers
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Fall or Halloween
The Queen's Royal Digi Challenge 1 - Halloween
Lollipop Crafts Challenge 51 - Halloween
Creative Craft World - Halloween
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 69 - Halloween

Make sure you pop over to the Cupcake Cards and Crafts October Challenge - Halloween With Kraft, take a look at the wonderful DT inspiration and have a go at this months challenge.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x






17 comments:

Jan said...

These are great Pauline. I'm not really into Halloween but I love what you have made. xx Jan

Seafield Jo said...

These are fabulous spooky creations Pauline, I love them. Jo x

susan said...

These are GREAT! I really like the way you photographed the easel card. You did a terrific job on both of these projects. Love the colors and papers you used. The flowers are just great and all of those embellishments, like your ribbon, spiderwebs (Terrific idea to cut them out, by the way) and those tiny brads look perfect on your card. Thanks for joining us at I DID IT CHALLENGE # 75!
Good Luck!

susan said...

Great job on both projects! I love your card. Everything you did with it is beautiful and you photographed it perfectly, I think. Thanks for joinng us at I DID IT CREATIONS CHALLENGE # 75! Good Luck!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh so spooky, love the colours you have used. Love the spider's web and the other embellishments too.

Linda xxxx

Claire said...

This is brilliant Pauline, I love that spooky house image. Have a fab weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Shanna Shands said...

I love how you spelled out trick or treat. This is a real fun combo because its not over the top! Thanks for playing with the Creative Card Crew!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

what a gorgeous card love the colors thanks for joining us at BMD......

Hugs
Judith

Choccy said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations !! I love your card and your gift bag.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our 'Halloween' challenge.
Hope to see you back on the 16th for the next one.
Choccy xx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Really fun Halloween set!! Love your easel and treat bag!! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT

Davi said...

Great Easel card and treat bag!! Lots of cool elements! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

Natascha said...

Hi!
Love your cration. So pretty and lovely made with all the great details and embellishments. Thank your for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Natascha

MiniOwner said...

Spookily brilliant! I love your card. Thanks for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

susibee said...

I love your card and bag, they are fab. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Wonderful card. I love those cobwebcorners - and the giftbag to go with it :)
Thanks for joining in on Fussy and Fancy, and good luck. Hugs, Lisbeth K

Trish said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at CCW!
Trish x

sophiesmama said...

What a cute card! Thanks for joining us for the Queen's Royal Digi Challenge!
Hugs,
Mary