Wednesday 12 October 2011

Anyone for Cheese and Wine

Good evening, it's the middle of the week already, can't believe where the time goes.  This is a card I 've made for the CD Sunday challenge, my card was picked for the top spot last week and I won a Creative Expressions stamp sheet, how good is that.  It was especially nice because The CD Sunday challenge was one of the first challenges I entered when I started my blog back in April

The theme of the challenge this week is Wine Buff and here is my card:


I used some burgundy card stock for the base and the backing paper is from my Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme CD.  The Eiffel Tower image is from Creative Expressions and I stamped it onto the same burgundy card stock and embossed it with Metallic Brass embossing powders.  The image is some decoupage I've had in my stash for ages, and the sentiment is from the Hunkydory Bygone Times Collection, quite a mixture.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

This is the inside of my card:


Image:   Decoupage kit from stash 
Papers:  Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme
Tools:  Spellbinders Labels One, Sheena's WOW Embossing Powders
Embellishlments:  Creative Expressions - Carte Postale,
Sentiment:  Hunkydory Bygone Times Collection
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

PaperPlay Challenge Week 40 - Autumnal Colours
KB Cute Monday Challenge 30 - Food or Beverages
 
Don't forget to pop over to the Cupcake Craftroom Challenge Blog and enter the October Challenge - Halloween With Kraft (as long as your creation is halloween themed and there is some sort of Kraft product on your project it will fit the bill) - there's a fab paper collection for the winner.
 
Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

11 comments:

Carol said...

Great card Pauline, love your colour choices. Carol x

Jan said...

This is great Pauline. Well done on your win xx Jan

Pamela said...

Another stunning card again this week Pauline. The backing paper is very unusual, I like that you've usued it on the inside of the card too. Thanks for joining in again this week.
Pamela (Guest Designer in October for CD Sunday)

starcyl said...

Now if this arrived as an invite you wouldn't be able to keep me away! I love this and am so pleased to see such an assortment of ideas. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Rosietoes said...

Fab card Pauline. Well done on your win.

Love the colours you have used on this one.

Edna z

Carol said...

A great card and I especially love the backing paper. To me it looks like wine stained cork. Brilliant.
Thank you for joining us again at Cd Sunday Pauline.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A gorgeous card Pauline and I love the backing paper too.It is good to see the inside of cards too. Congrats on your win, the stamps will be in the post tomorrow, my apologies for the delay.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the rich colors.

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous! I love the rich colours you have used.

Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, I love your image.
Margaret

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the gold embossing, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday xx