Sunday 9 October 2011

Praying Angel

Good evening, I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.  I'm a bit late today because I've been to Southsea to watch my husband run in a 10k race along the sea front, it was a bit windy but at least it didn't rain.  He came 38th out of 322 not bad for an old man (don't tell him I said that) and considering he's only been running for about four months.

My card today is for the Top Tip Tuesday challenge which is a sketch by Samantha, I do like sketch challenges.

I chose the lovely LOTV Christmas Angels Die cut image - Praying, they're just so sweet and this will be another Christmas card to sell at the Craft Fair I'm doing in November.



I decided to do another easel card and used some of my Bo Bunny Father Christmas Collection papers on a base of gold card stock from my stash.  I matted the image onto a gold die cut and the flourish is also a die cut.  I made the paper Christmas Rose using My Craft Studio Paper Flower Expert.  The sentiment is a Polka Doodles stamp and I added some gold pearls to finish the card.


A slightly different view, I'm never quite sure how to photograph an easel card.

Image:  LOTV  Die Cut Designs Christmas Angels - Praying
Papers:   Bo Bunny - Father Christmas Collection
Tools:  Spellbinders - Tear Drop Circles, Floral Flourishes
Embellishments: My Craft Studio - Christmas Paper Flower Expert, pearls from stash
Sentiment:  Polka Doodles - Stamp Doodles

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Papertake Weeky - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Easel Card Challenge
Paper Crafting Journey Challenge 20 - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Christmas Card Challenge - photo inspiration (sorry I didn't use it) or any Christmas card
Crafty Ann's Challenge 51 -  inspired by a Christmas song (Hark, the herald angels sing)

Don't forget to pop over to the Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog  there's still time to have a go at this weeks challenge, we have another great prize this week.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

19 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely easel card using our sketch. a beautiful image and colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Claire said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous easel card hun. Love the image and great colours. Hugs, Claire x

Miria said...

Hi, Pauline. I do love your stunning creation, perfect colours and fab handmade flower. Thank you for joining Polka Doodles, Miria x

Catherine said...

Fab card! That was a really great result for hubby if he has only been running for 4 months!!! Bet southsea was breezy today lol....

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card.
Hugz Fleur xXx

StephC said...

Lovely card! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Pauline! I love the image and papers are just perfect. Beautiful card and love the easel design!
Hope you had a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Lovely card Pauline great choice of colours. Congratulations to your husband he maybe an oldie but definately a goodie!! x

Anonymous said...

Really cute card I love this image and love how you have used the sketch too! Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Top Tip Tuesday for our Sketch Challenge, Don't forget you can enter our challenges up to 3 times, I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card Pauline, I love the little angel and the colours are gorgeous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

GORGEOUS Christmas easel card and I love how you've incorporated the sketch. Someone will most certainly be receiving a treasure in the mail.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. 
Lisa xx

Jen said...

Love the image, beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Caroljenks said...

Pauline this is gorgeous - so 'precise' (if you know what I mean!) Love it!


Thanks for joining in with our Sketch Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us next week you could win an extra prize! Just add (TIP) after your name when you link :)

Carol x

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Ann Whitfield said...

Just gorgeous Pauline, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

CarlaKH said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the image and layout! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

Louise said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous flower, thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week
Hugs louise xx

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A lovely card, thanks for joining in the Polka Doodles challenge.