Friday 26 October 2012

Dearest One

This is my card for this weeks CD Sunday Challenge - Poetry Corner, I decided to use this cute little House Mouse image from Joanna Sheen's Just the Two of Us Decoupage set.  The CD part of my card is the papers - they are from Joanna Sheen's House Mouse Inserts CD, the base has large hearts on it - I've been quite successful at covering them up completely and the smaller hearts are from one of the inserts on the CD.


You would not believe the problems I've had trying to post this card, first when I downloaded the photographs I had taken, because of the angle I had taken the shots at, the little mouse looked like he had four ears and then when I tried to insert my watermark it kept coming up really huge, almost obliterating the entire image, even though the settings were all the same as usual.  So back to the drawing board and start again.

I followed the sketch from Sketch 'n' Stash, I really like this sketch and this is the second card I have made using it.  My card stock is Core'dinations and the sentiment tags are LOTV, I used my Fiskars edge punch on the central border and corner - the buttons and twine are from my stash.

This is a close up of the little poem for those of you who have not seen it before:


You can see the inside of my card and a little of the decoupage layers in this photograph:


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The CD Sunday Challenge - Poetry Corner
Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge 99 - Sketch (House Mouse Decoupage and buttons are both old stash)
Charisma Cardz Challenge 42 - Don't be Square!!
The ABC Challenge - Z is for Zoo
Southern Girls Challenge 56 - Animal Crackers
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge 99 - Ribbon and/or Buttons (heart shaped buttons)
Stamp N Doodle - Ribbon/Twine (twine in buttons and tags)
Ladybug Crafts Challenge - I need a P! (pink, poem, punching)

Well I got there in the end - minus the watermark - a job for hubby this evening!   I wish you all a lovely weekend - yes, it's nearly here!

Pauline
x




27 comments:

Laine said...

Lovely card Pauline. Love the image and all of your design detail. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

KandA said...

Hi Pauline, what a gorgous card. My favourite - decoupage and house mouse xx

Margarets designer cards said...

A lovely card and beautiful layout and image, I love these house mouse images I really must try and get the cd.
Margaret

Carol said...

A beautifully designed card Pauline. There is just something so gorgeous about House Mouse.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
Cd Sunday DT

Sue said...

This gorgeous Pauline. The image is adorable and I love the buttons and the colours

Sue

Doreen said...

Love this fabulous card,great image and layout.xxx

sue-b said...

Oh and it's so worth the headache to get it here, gorgeous, i just hope i don't get a love letter like that, lol Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday Dt

Pia S said...

It's such a sweet version of the sketch and your decoupaged mouse is really cute!

Jocelyn said...

Love the layout and cannot resist anything House Mouse.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Debs said...

Oh I love the HM images Pauline and this one of my favourites. I have the project CD-Rom and book from Joanna Sheen and don't use it as much as I should. I now feel inspired to - thanks.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Debs xx

Pat K said...

Awwww such a cute card Pauline. I don't own any CD's for crafting but you make me want to change that. The papers are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week. hugs.xx

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great card Pauline, such a cute image and a lovely layout.

Jo x

rachel said...

oh so cute and I'm so glad you did that close up Pauline - the verse is as adorable as the card - fabulous xx

Christine said...

I am pleased you persevered Pauline as I wouldn't have wanted to miss seeing this beautiful card.I love how you show us the different parts of the card. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

♥Gemma♥ said...

Such a stunning card...
Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash & good luck :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Beryl said...

This is so gorgeous Pauline - I love that little mouse and the letter is so sweet. Fab card design and the way you do the insides makes your cards extra special.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Unknown said...

Very cute card Pauline, the mouse is so sweet...looks like it is actually reading the words there..x

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card, love the little House Mouse!

Thanks for sharing with us at SGC for the Animal Crackers Challenge, good luck!

Shell~Alaska♥
DT*

Claire said...

Wow gorgeous card, beautiful colours and House Mouse is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week, and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

starcyl said...

Paulinle you do know how to make a great card and this is one of them. I really like this mouse love poem and am glad you managed to get it posted to allow us to see it.
Many thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Cat's sCrap said...

What an adorable card ! Nice mousse. Fabulous your on your image. The inside was worked as well as the outside. Bravo !
It's very successful !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and "Bonne Chance" !

hugs from France.
Catherine.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Adorable hm card, isn't the verse lovely , just the cutest Pauline.
Have a good weekend and stay warm. janex

NGCARDS said...

Wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing along at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Pauline , what a fab card I have this set its gorgeous.
Sorry I have not been around much just getting back to things slowly its taken a lot out of me. I hope you are well , well done on your daily talent spot at Joanna sheen today a fab card as always . Biggest hugs Elaine

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So sweet, I love this adorable house mouse image and the layout is beautiful
Lindsay xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh squeal!!!! What a cute card!!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!!
~DEANNE~

DesignerDiva said...

Pauline this is soooooooo pretty and very cute!
Thanks for playing along with your P's with the Ladybugs this week at LCI and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx