Wednesday 24 October 2012

Pretty in Yellow

I have made this card for the Songbird Challenge - Build Me Up Buttercup - yellow must be one of the main colours on your card.  As soon as I saw this challenge I just knew the image that I wanted to use, the only problem was I didn't have it, so I had to buy the CD.


What do you think of the way I have been taking my photographs lately, I never seemed to be able to get them straight, so I have been taking them at a slight angle - you can't see if they are straight or not now!

The Image and the papers are all from Ooh La La Creations All Dressed Up CD, I wanted this CD when I first saw it on Create & Craft but managed to resist.  I eventually bought it directly from Ooh La La and it arrived quicker than it would have from Create & Craft.

The card stock is Bazzill Basics from Craftie-Charlie, the sentiment is from The Crafty Pad and the ribbon was in my stash.  I have inked the edges of the sentiment to match the image.

The inside of my card has been decorated to match the front leaving a blank rectangle with inked edges to write on.


This card is for my niece's daughter - does that make her my grand niece or great niece - I'm not quite sure, anyway I hope she likes it.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.

Songbird Challenge 6 - Build Me A Buttercup
Lollipop Crafts Challenge 92 - Happy Birthday
Sketch N Stash Challenge 99 - Sketch (new stash CD, old stash ribbon and sentiment)
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge 29 - Use a Ribbon
Daring Cardmakers Challenge - Don't Worry, Be Happy
The Emerald Faeries Challenge 34 - Anything Goes
The Perfect Sentiment Challenge 53A - Happy Birthday/Happy Anniversary

Thank you for calling today, they say it is going to get cold at the weekend - it doesn't feel particularly warm here at the moment, so I'd better find my woolly socks out!

Pauline
x


22 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card and love that yellow dress, papers are gorgeous and that bow is extremely nice... pretty cool all round. I have probs taking photo's of my cards too, this one looks fine though, yours always do...luv annie

Debbie said...

This is so pretty, I love it.Looks like a fab cdrom too.Hope you're okay sweetie.Hugs Debbie x

Chrissie said...

Such a pretty, feminine card and I'm sure your great niece will love it.
I love your reasoning about just having to buy the CD to make the card too!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Pauline, I love that image and your soft colouring is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Seafield Jo said...

Hi Pauline, this is a lovely card and your photos always look good to me.

I hope you're getting sorted in your craft room. Mine's always messy - I just can't help it!

Jo x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. I love the image and your detailing is beautiful

Sue

rachel said...

stunning card Pauline - yellow and black looks so stunning - and beautiful inside and out as usual! Hugs rachel x

kelly ledder said...

Gorgeous card and like others have said your photos always look great to me, I try to take mine outside but with this weather I am struggling to get good pics x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Absolutely beautiful card, the dress is lovely. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

klair said...

Hi Pauline, this card is lovely :) i'm also going to follow your photography tip as I can never take a straight photo either lol, hugs klair xx

Debs said...

Beautiful card Pauline - love the DP and the decorated inside.
Have a fab day - keep warm.
Debs xx

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

Very pretty in yellow .. .. beautiful inside and out!

Love the layout and your lovely embellishments.

Your photographs look great. Very artistic!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your beautiful card Pauline.
luv
Debby

Kate said...

Very pretty card, lovely details.

** Kate **

KandA said...

Fabulous card Pauline. I love the design and the lovely clean lines xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful card. The colours are very classy, love the bow. Thank you for joining the latest dare this week over at the Daring Cardmakers. Gez

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Your post has made me laugh Pauline...had to buy the cd...
gorgeous card , papers and yellow dress beautiful. janex

Rika said...

Elegant and very beautiful!
Thanks for joining in with DCM.

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful delicate image and lovely lo. Your pics are great Pauline. I've gone and done things like that too - buying something especially to make one card! Glad I'm not alone. :)

Edna x

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card so elegant, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

Jules said...

This is a very pretty card, and I love the image you've used. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

Sonia said...

YOU did a absolutely beautiful creation. Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts.
-Sony LC-DT
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com