Tuesday 1 March 2022

I'm back ...

That took longer than I expected, it's been over a month since my last post - I've spent all that time having a major sort out and purge of my Craft Room.  I've removed over 20 bags of unwanted stash and sold lots as well.

I thought I would share a few photographs whilst it still looks relatively tidy!


Above and below you can see the back wall as I walk into the room, I have three Ikea Kallax units - two 2 x 4 cube units at each end and a 5 x 5 cube unit in the middle.  I store all of my 12 x 12 papers and my Crafter's Companion Sara Signature and Nature's Garden collections in these.  My Crafter's Companion Monthly Craft Kits sit across the top along with some dies and odds and ends.


Next you can see the window wall, I have a lovely bay window - it's great in the winter because it lets lots of light in but in the summer it can get a bit hot.  I have an Ikea Hemnes eight drawer chest that stores all of my buttons, gems, ribbon, 3D items to decorate and other odds and ends.  On the top I have my sewing machine, guillotines, trimmers and Sizzix Big Shot.


The next two photographs are the wall behind my desk, I have two Ikea Galant Units here, I store most of my dies on them along with my Copic Markers, some inks, A4cardstock and Tonic Nuvo Drops.


I also have my printer, printer paper and Gemini Junior stored here, everything is easily reached from my desk.


This is the wall opposite the window, I have a CD storage unit and an Ikea Billy Bookcase with all of my Linda Chapman collections and some Joanna Sheen bits.


In the middle of this wall I have an old bookcase with all of my Hunkydory collections, I still need to go through this unit but I couldn't cope with any more sorting out at the moment, it will have to wait.


Finally this is the far end of the wall opposite the window, I have another Billy Bookcase with all of my Mixed Media supplies and another couple of CD storage units.


Hopefully, now I am all sorted and know where everything is I will be a bit more productive.

Thank you for popping in today, your company is much appreciated - please leave a comment so that I can come and visit you.

Pauline
x

34 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, it looks incredible Pauline. I could very happily lose myself in there for a few weeks. I can imagine the hard work that you’ve put in to making it look like that as my craft room is tiny and a complete tidy up takes days. I’m looking forward to seeing your new makes x

Kathyk said...

WOW! It looks magnificent, what a job you just tackled - well done to you and welcome back

Kathyk

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! Your craftroom is very organized, Pauline!! Your different Ikea's furnitures work really well! And how many collections of design papers you have!! A dream! :D
Waiting to see you creating new fabulous works!
Have a lovely week

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow that’s an enormous amount of stuff. All looks very organised and tidy. Well done

Jane Savage said...

Wow, what an awesome space, Pauline and so tidy too! You wouldn't like to come over to my place and sort my room out would you? I'll order a skip! 😂😂

Valerija said...

Wow, amazing crafting room. I want it too :)
Valerija xx

meg said...

I can understand why it took you so long,your room looks perfect

Lynne said...

Wow Pauline! I'm not surprised it took you a while. I thought I had a lot of stuff, but I'm minor league compared to your room :) x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Oh wow how I wish my room was as tidy as this Pauline. I really must have a good clear out and be ruthless with the stuff that i have either used and don't anymore or there is some there that I'm sure i'm never going to use because it's just not my style. Well done for sticking it out until you had finished and not getting side tracked along the way.

Sue xx

Lee said...

Oh my goodness,what I would give for a room like that.Mine is like a shoe box lol.Well it looks as if it was hard work,but oh so worth it I can see.Looking forward to your creations.xx

dutchess said...

Wow that’s still a lot of crafty stash Pauline….but now it’s all sorted you will enjoy your room and crafting again after a month of hard graft….take care xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant, love the storage and what a great space you have too...xx
good to see you back. xx

Pat K said...

Well done Pauline. I can see by the amount of stash it was not an easy undertaking but the results are impressive. Love the Ikea units and admire your mammoth paper collection. xx

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful room to craft in. I love how everything has a place and it's so easy to see at a glance. That bay window is awesome and there is nothing like real light to pick out colors.

Fikreta said...

hi Pauline,happy to see you back!
Your room is amazing!love it!
you did great job!
happy crafting!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it looks amazing Pauline, a very gorgeous craftroom


Gr Karin

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Pauline and well done on your organisation of your stash, I hate to think how much you really had as you've tossed some and also sold stuff as well, and I thought I had a lot lol. Anyway good to see you back and your craftroom looks amazing, Kate x

Carol S. said...

WOW!!! I thought I had a lot of stuff!!! But will make your crafting life a lot easier for you. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Carol L said...

I wondered where you've been and hoped you're well! What a major job that sorting must have been! Looks like you still have quite a bit of stash left!

JD/ Jill said...

So nice to have your back. Your room looks wonderful. While you were doing your room I was doing mine (still doing mine) My room is much smaller than yours so I should have more done than I do...but I will keep working at it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful units and a massive amount of storage Pauline - and looking ever so tidy and organised!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

Such an awesome crafting area and so organized, you have really worked hard the past month, it really was worth it!

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back Pauline and WOW what an amazing craft room and so organised
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WELL! you have been a busy bee. All I can say is well done. I dread doing mine and it's a quarter of yours! You have everything so beautifully organised Pauline. As for being more productive? I wouldn't have thought you could be?
Good to have you back
Faith x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Ok so am really jealous of your craft room mine is a little cubbyhole. Love Alison xx

Ans Gilbert said...

Your Craftroom looks very organized, it must be a pleasure to work in it,
Hugs,
Ansx

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I can't believe you purged that much and still have sooooo much. I am impressed with your collection, your organization, and your room. I love that window too! Would be so fun to craft with you in that room!

I feel a bit inspired - I may go straighten something up in my craft room this weekend too.

Thanks for sharing all this, Pauline. I am very happy you got this project done. Must feel wonderful. Hugz

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love your craft space. Great lighting from that window, love the shelves and storage units too. Oh I bet this is a dream to craft in now. I am sure you will get to that last unit to get it sorted but you did an amazing job. Someday I will have my craft space.

Sarah said...

What an AMAZING space Pauline. I avoid tidying my workroom but really should have a good old purge!! You are so beautifully organised. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! Your room looks very organised and ready to start crafting again. I'm sure now that you can find everything you will enjoy crafting even more than before.
Lorraine

Debbie said...

Oh wow it looks an amazing craft room hun. Quite a task but you've done it. Big hugs xx

Sue said...

WOW, it is so organized and tidy. I'm jealous. Half my time is spent looking for stuff. Good for you. Bet you are enjoying crafting in a cleaned out craft room.

Hugs
Sue

Witchcrafted Life said...

Phenomenal work, dear Pauline. My jaw is on the ground! The elbow grease that you clearly poured into bringing this incredible - and extremely well organized - creative space is immediately evident. I have no doubt that working in an amazing setting like this will only up your creative mojo all the more, my friend!

Thank you SO much for giving us a peek into your amazing craft room.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Gibmiss said...

Wow Pauline…that was a big job …. I thought I had a lot of stash …. Amazing room ….
Hugs Sylvie …
Hope you are feeling better xx