Wednesday 10 November 2021

New World

This is the card that I made for my youngest son to give his Dad for his Birthday. I find it so difficult to make for my husband, he has lots of hobbies but not the ones that are usually covered by craft stamps or collections.

I took to Google and searched for images relating to his latest computer game - New World and created a card based around that.

I used my Moonstone Multi-Aperture Frame Die, it was one of the dies that I received when I was on the Hunkydory Design Team many moons ago, I cut it from red card stock and popped three of the images that I found behind it. I used a Die'sire Embossing folder to emboss the other red layer and alternated the red with black card stock layers.


I computer generated the sentiment and cut it out with my Die-namics Fishtail Flag Dies, I used foam pads between some of the layers to add some dimension. I decorated the inside with a map from the game.


Thank you for popping in today, please leave a comment so that I can come and visit you.

Pauline
x

23 comments:

meg said...

A brilliant masculine card,finding an image on line of a favourite game made it unique, love the layout,hope he has a wonderful birthday

aussie aNNie said...

wow a totally different kind of card from you Pauline, but hey I just love it...xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the layout and colours. Love Alison

crafty-stamper said...

Great personalised card and he will love the images you found.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Pauline
Gr Karin

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A superb personalised card for your husband's birthday.
Lorraine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic Pauline, I very often resort to the internet when struggling for make themed cards that involve strange hobbies. Or even for the children and their TV programs that they love to watch.

Sue xx

dutchess said...

How clever of you to find the images that perfectly match you husbands interests and turn them into this great card….
Take care xxx

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a wonderful, personalized card for hubby. I know he will appreciate it and enjoy it.

Kuni said...

Wonderful card Pauline.
Hugs
Kuni

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is amazing Pauline, and I'm sure your Husband will so appreciate it. A brilliant design too, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Brilliant and just perfect for masculine recipients!

JD/ Jill said...

What a super personalized card. I bet he loved his card!

Carol S. said...

The internet has it's uses Pauline!! Great card for him!!
My husband hasn't got any hobbies, so very difficult!!
Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a brilliant card Pauline - I too have been known to take to google to find appropriate images for people when I don't have a good stamp 'match'
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Valerija said...

Great masculine card. I like it!
Valerija xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy your hubby is going to love this it is fantastic and so personal to him, superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Fikreta said...

So wonderful card!w

Shabneez said...

Great card Pauline. Shabneez x

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool - looks like an interesting game too. Love those dies and the personalization. Hugz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super masculine card and a great idea to use images of the game. Love the red surround and banner.
Faith x

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an awesomely creative, eye-catchingly cool card. And a fantastic reminder to all of us that sometimes the perfect image (or images) for a given project lay not in one's stash, but on the internet.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Sue said...

Another super card, I bet he was impressed by your searching the internet for images for this card! Nicely done. Happy Birthday to your husband!

Hugs
Sue