Sunday 12 February 2012

Anyone for Golf?

I took one look at the new sketch over at Sketch Saturday and thought GOLF BALLS!  A friend of my son will be sixteen soon and he is a golf fanatic so I have made this card for him.


The papers and toppers are all from my Polka Doodles Not for Girls CD and the base card stock is some brown that I got from Handy Hippo in their sale.  The circles were all cut with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die, I cut the circle mats by hand because I always think the next size die is a bit big for mats.  The number 16 is made from some foam numbers that I have coloured to match with ProMarkers and the buttons and twine are from my stash. The only other equipment that I used was my EK Success Border Punch.

I have kept the inside of my card quite simple


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Phindy's Place Challenge 92 - Round & Round
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 12 - One for the Men or Boys
Hotshot Crafts Challenge 4 - One for the Boys
Celebrate the Occasion Challenge 49 - Anything Goes Birthday
CES Challenge 72 - Lots of layers -3 or more!
Sketch Saturday - Sketch

Thank you for looking.

Pauline
x

15 comments:

Carol said...

This looks fab Pauline. Carol x

Adrian said...

very nice, thanks for playing @ CTO!!

Claire said...

Love your card hun, great use of the sketch too - really love this. Hugs, Claire x

craftymum said...

a super card. thank you for joining us at HSC for our " one for the boys " challenge

hugs sarah

p.s. do check out our shop Hotshot Craft.co.uk for some great crafting products

Victoria said...

This is so funky! I'm sure he will love it!

Rosietoes said...

Fabulous card Pauline and a great 'new take' on the golf theme. 10 stars at least!

Edna x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is fab Pauline!! what a fantastic design! and perfect for a golf lover. I love the colour combo - Your son's friend is going to love this card!!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Esther said...

Wonderful job!!
Just a perfect design and choice of paper!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Bente said...

Really stunning card, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
Hugs, Bente

La Vikinga said...

WOW; what a "golfish" card! I like the colorcombination and also all the cirkles. Thanks for participating in our challenge "One for the boys/men" at Crafty Ribbons, and welcome back for a new challenge on Thursday!

La Vikinga

Unknown said...

Hi Pauline,
Wow hun this is fabulous. Love the striking colours. Thanks for sharing with us in our One for the Men/Boys challenge at Crafty Ribbons.
hugs
Dawn xx

Kathy said...

This is wonderful, I know many golfers who would love this. Especially like how you added the # to the one circle, great touch. Thank you for joining the "Round and Round" challenge at Phindy's Place.

Shelley said...

This is perfect for a boy, I am sure your friends son will love it. great take on the sketch.hugs Shelley

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

How fun, love the arrangement and the golf balls are fabulous! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Anything Goes Birthday" Challenge :)

Julie said...

Great card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CES Challenges this week, Juliex