Friday 25 May 2012

Busy Blue Fairy

Good evening everyone, I hope those of you in the UK are enjoying this wonderful weather, make the most of it, this could be summer.

This is a card I have made for my Mother-in-law to give to her Granddaughter.  It is a bit busy for me, not really my usual style at all, but she likes things like this.


I have followed the sketch over at Seems a little Sketchy and the image is a LOTV die cut.  I have embossed the white panel  but it doesn't show up very well in the photograph, full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I am trying really hard to use up some of my stash and I've done quite well with this card, I've had the papers, the image, the card stock and the flowers for absolutely ages.

The inside of my card has been decorated to match the front:


CARD RECIPE:

Image:  LOTV - On Tiptoe
Papers:  Docrafts - Henbury Lane
Card Stock:  Joanna Sheen - discontinued
Tools:  Spelbinders - Scalloped Circle, Butterfly Circle, Floral Flourishes and Impressabilities
Marianne CreaTables - butterfly die, 
Embellishments:  Flowers and gems from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV - For Her Sentiments

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Ann's Challenge 66 - Butterflies and Flowers
Hotshot Craft Challenge 8 - Die Cuts
The Poodles Parlour Challenge - Monochromatic
Divas By Design Challenge 26 - Fabulous Flourishes
Deep Ocean Challenge Challenge 26 - Swirls
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop May Challenge 10 - Blossoms and Butterflies
That Craft Place Challenge - Monochromatic
Crafts and Me Challenge - Fabulous Flowers
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 103 - Whimsical
Seems a little Sketchy - Sketch 13

Thank you so much for joining me this evening, I hope everyone has a lovely, sunny weekend.

Pauline
x







23 comments:

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love the colours and all the business.... Looks great....

KandA said...

This is a super card. I just love the design of it and those colours.

Sue B said...

Aww it's gorgeous Pauline! what a beautiful image and the papers and embellies are stunning. I love the navy and white combo! :-))
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Laura Bradley said...

I love this Pauline, the navy and white look great together! It is a beautiful card and I love how the inside matches too! Laura x

Pat K said...

Very pretty card Pauline, inside and out. I love the colour combination and that gorgeous DP. Pat K. xx

Carol said...

It's gorgeous Pauline and perfect for our butterflies and flowers challenge at Crafty Ann's :) Carol x

Unknown said...

This is so very cute. I love the blues

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just gorgeous Pauline your MIL must have been thrilled! I love those papers they are so pretty. Hugs Susan x

Seafield Jo said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, lovely colours and fab embellishing.

Have a lovely weekend.

Jo xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pauline - I love the crisp, clean colour palette. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

May said...

Simply Gorgeous Pauline.. I adore the colours the blue is just beautiful, The adorable image is coloured just perfect.. Love it!! Hugs May x x

AllisonG said...

Pauline, while it may not be your style, it is an absolutely beautiful card. I love the blue and white with all the embellishments.

Thanks for playing along at Seems A Little Sketchy - Hope to see you back again on Monday for the newest sketchy challenge!

Dawn Louise said...

Stunning card thanks for joining us at that craft place x

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous Pauline, love the colour, sweet image and all the lovely elements too - not busy at all. Hugs, Claire x

Teresa said...

Pauline this is really beautiful, such pretty papers and I've always loved this image. Thank you for sharing with us at The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop.
Hugs Teresa xx

craftymum said...

Wonderful card.Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Die Cuts Challenge.

Hugs sarah x

happyglitzygirl said...

Just a gorgeous card, wonderful colouring and details, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

Cathy said...

Beautiful card inside and out. I think it is lovely just as it is. I love your choice of papers. Very inspiring.....

crafty amy said...

This is sucha pretty card I LOVE the way you have used those flowers and the die cut is just perfect :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx
P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

lalkygirl said...

gorgeous card .love the colours you have chosen and the inside looks superb
thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop and good luck
tracey x

Valerie said...

this card is very elegant and beautiful! I like the white & Navy color combo, butterflies, flowers, and sentiment!

sara said...

gorgeous card love the sweet image thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
hugs sara x x

Jen said...

Gorgeous Pauline, love the blue and white. Fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x