Sunday 31 July 2011

Home Sweet Home

Good evening, I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend, the weather has been kind to us in Hampshire.  It was Andover Carnival today and the boys are all up at the live music event leaving me to get some crafting done.

This is a card I made for some very good friends of ours who have just moved house.  I used a lovely Willow Designs image from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD, I reach for this CD again and again it's good for so many different cards.  The backing papers are from another of my favourite CD's - Bearly Mine Designs.



I got my sewing machine out and stitched around the edges, it's the first time I've ever tried this and it's not as easy as I thought it would be -  I'm quite pleased with the results though.  A few die cut butterflies with some gems and a sentiment finish what is quite a simple card, your really don't need many embellishments with such a lovely image.

I decorated this inside of the card to complement the front.



Image and Sentiment:  Double Sprinkles of Kraft
Papers:  Bearly Mine Designs Designer Extreme CD
Tools:  Die-namics Butterflies
Embellishments:  gems from stash

There is a sketch challenge going on over at the Willow Sketchie Challenge blog at the moment, why don't you pop over and have a look you could win a lovely prize.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Moving Along with the Times Challenge 109 - Brand Spanking New
Digital Tuesday Challenge 121 - Gardens with things with wings
Thank you for looking today, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x



11 comments:

Miria said...

Such a lovely card, Pauline! I like the colours and the papers, hugs, Miria

Claire said...

This is a beautiful card Pauline - absolutely love it - so pretty. Hugs, Claire x

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Pauline. The colours are all so pretty and a gorgeous image
Clairexx

Anne-Marie said...

What a beautiful card, it is so lovely. Anne-Marie x x

Amy Johnson said...

What a sweet card! I love all the pink and the stitching! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Liz said...

What a sweet card !!! me thinks I might be looking for those cd's myself !!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I so love this card what beautiful papers, colours and image a super creation thank you for sharing it with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Di said...

Such a cute card, I love your colour combo. Thanks for playing over at DO IT WITH DIGIS.
Hugs Di
xxx

Pami said...

Beautiful card, I just love the image and the cute little butterflies. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

Donna Mosley said...

Very sweet card, love the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty! I love the soft pastel colour scheme.