Tuesday 22 May 2012

Vintage Dress Form

I was lucky enough to win the challenge over at Use it Tuesday the other week and was invited to be guest designer for Challenge 32.  I was asked to create a card 'using 2 hoarded items' - I used some BoBunny papers that I have had for about a year and could not bring myself to cut into and also some lace that I've also had for about a year.

I got the idea for my card from one of my magazines, as soon as I saw it I thought I know just the image that would work with this design.


The image is The Crafty Pad - Dress Form Trio and the papers are BoBunny - Gabrielle, full details of everything I have used are listed below.  I inked the image, ribbon, flowers and lace with old paper distress ink to tone them down a bit and match them in with the papers.  The image comes as three separate dress forms, I layered two of them up and mounted them onto the hand cut tag.  The sentiment is cut from one of The Crafty Pad - Ticket style sentiments and mounted onto the same Core'dinations card stock that has been used throughout.

I used the same two dress form images, greatly reduced, to decorate the inside of my card:


CARD RECIPE

Image:  The Crafty Pad - Dress Form Trio
Papers:  BoBunny - Gabrielle
Card Stock:  Core'dinations
Tools:  Spellbinders - Floral Flourishes, Classic Rectangles (inside card),
Punch Bunch - Flower Punch, Japanese Screw Punch
Embellishments:  flowers, ribbon and lace from stash
Sentiment:  The Crafty Pad

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

PaperPlay Challenge Week 20 - Destruction
Creative Craft Challenge - Distressing
Emergency Crafters Challenge - Spots and Stripes
Simply Create Too Challenge 13 - Mother's Day  (or Feminine)
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C137 - Anything Goes as long as it's a Birthday Card
Inky Impressions Challenge - Use Lace or Trim
Stamp and Create May Challenge - For the Ladies
The Glitter Geeks Challenge Week 20 - Polka Dots
Robyns Fetish Challenge 108 - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge - Dressed for Success

Make sure you visit the Use it Tuesday Challenge Blog to take a look at the DT inspiration and join in with the challenge


Thank you for joining me to today.

Pauline

x





26 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Pauline
A beautiful card love the image and fabulous paper's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Pauline another lovely card and congratulations on your DT. So nicely finished off too! Hugs Susan x

Doreen said...

A beautiful card, love the image ...love the papers too... so pretty.xxx

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the image...

Laine said...

Hi Pauline
This is beautiful. I love the image,papers and embellishments. The inside looks just as pretty.
Hugs
Laine
X

Louise Welsh said...

beautiful card pauline, i love that polka dot paper, so vintagey. Thanks for taking part in the glitter geeks blog challenge this week. Louise xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Pauline! The image works so well with those very scrummy papers! Love the layout and the pretty lace and flowers - it's a really stunning card!! Congratulations on your GDT Spot!!
Hope you have a nice day!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Paula said...

Beautiful card, it looks fab! Thanks for joining Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card and lovely image, embellishments, thanks for joining us at Robyns Fetish anything goes challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Pauline, what a gorgeous card, especially for someone who enjoys sewing, those papers are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Carole Z said...

Beautiful card Pauline, I really love the layout and the way you have used the stripes and spots, thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters this week, Carole x

Crafty Tazzy said...

Stunning Thank you for joining in with the Creative Craft Challenge xxx

gina g said...

Hi Pauline gorgeous card i love the image and layout. luv gina xx

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Your entry is so wonderful, Pauline! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our Challenge #13 - Mother's Day [or Feminine] Challenge. And, don't forget to come back this Friday for another great challenge!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Fabulous card Pauline the papers are gorgeous. Love your finishing touch inside. Carol x

susan said...

This is such a great card! I love the papers and the tag idea. Very pretty flowers in such a pretty color, too. Thanks for joining us at THE ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card tracy x

Joey said...

Fantastic card Pauline, love the follow through to the inside too, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline this is one super card, I love that image also the colours and design this appeals to me big time as I totally love the vintage style.
hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

I love how you used the dress forms! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

CraftyNess said...

Absolutely gorgeous :) - thank you for joining the glitter geeks challenge this week x

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh! Your card is just beautiful!! Love this! Thank you so much for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges! :)

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

Susan x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty, I love the beautiful papers and the lace, fab card with a lovely vintage feel to it
Lindsay xx

Vintage Blue said...

Ooh Pauline this is my type of card... Vintage vintage distress!!! Yummy well done thanks for joining us at ccc xo Allie

marion82 said...

this is beautiful sweetie!!Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!