Wednesday 16 May 2012

Crafting for all Seasons 1st Birthday Challenge and Blog Hop

It's Birthday time at Crafting for all Seasons, the challenge has been going for a whole year and to celebrate we are having a Blog Hop.  But first thank you to everyone who joined us for our Handmade Flowers challenge we had so many beautiful entries, I do hope you will all join us again this week for our Birthday Celebrations.  The challenge this week is 'It's a Celebration' with Buttons - we would like you to use some buttons on your project.  This is what I have made:


I wanted to do something a little bit different for our 1st Birthday so I made a 1st Birthday card and matching Gift Bag.  The image is from TeddyBo and the papers are Echo Park - Little Boy, they have been hiding in my ever growing paper stash for ages.

I coloured the image with ProMarkers and paper pieced the number one and added some Crystal Lacquer to it:


The border was cut using Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac, I cut the sentiment from a Crafty Pad Ticket Sentiment and backed it on the same red Core'dinations card stock that I used throughout.  The buttons and thread are from my stash:


As usual, I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front:


I used the same image, papers and layout for the gift bag:


and also decorated the back to complement the front:


I apologise for the number of photographs but I wanted to show everything, it took me so long to make it all I was nearly late for the challenge.

I would like to enter this card and gift bag into the following challenges:

Lollipop Crafts Challenge 80 - Just for Him
The Pink Elephant Challenge 148 - Polka Dots and Stripes
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 102 - Birthday - Buttons
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Happy Birthday
Cupcake Craftroom May Challenge - Photo Inspiration
Robyn's Fetish Challenge 107 - Paper Piecing
LEJ Designs Challenge 3 - Lots of Layers
Totally Papercrafts Challenge 116 - No Pesky Girls Allowed
Little Claire Monthly Challenge 21 - Male Theme
Desert Islands Crafters Challenge 31 - Angela's Itinerary (For a Boy/What's your number/Something Old - papers/Something Blue)

Now on to the Blog Hop - as it's our FIRST BIRTHDAY at Crafting for all Seasons we are having a blog hop to celebrate.  The hop begins and ends on the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog.  If you've arrived from Lizy's blog you're on the right track, if you are just popping by to say hello you may want to pop over to the Challenge Blog to join in the whole hop.

At each of the DT's  blogs you will find a letter, once you have collected them all, leave a comment on the challenge post telling us which word the letters spell.  You must leave a comment on each DT blog as you hop and one commenter on each of the blogs will win a prize, my prize is:


A set of Kanban Damask Divas - Let's Go Shopping Clear Stamps

My letter is A, now all you need to do is pop back to the Challenge Blog and leave a comment telling us the word.  If you get lost along the way there is a full list for the hop on the Challenge Post.

Good Luck!  Make sure you pop over to the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog and check out the DT inspiration, we would love for you to join us for our Birthday Celebrations.

That's it from me for today, I hope I haven't bored you to tears, see you again soon.

Pauline
x


23 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the set of Bear creations. Especially like the finished look of inside of card that often has a plain look but not here. Wonderful idea to make a gift bag to compliment. Not sure what the word is since 2 people did not have posts on their blogs for the hop but I'll ck back later. Wondering if I have to scramble the letters or if they are to spell something just as they are.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Unknown said...

Fantastic set!! Your coloring is gorgeous :) So bright and fun.

Jan said...

Brilliant set Pauline love the papers & stamps xx Jan

Dawn said...

Great project Pauline! Love the bright colors! Hugs!

Wendy L said...

What a good idea making a bag to match your card. Great HOP. xxx

Sue said...

Hi Pauline
what a fabulous card & matching bag, great colouring, lovely image & papers, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

Carol said...

Gorgeous set Pauline, you've made a fabulous job of them. Carol x

Rosietoes said...

Oh Pauline, two of my most favourite crafty things - Teddybo and Echo Park. Love them loads. Love your matching set - totally gorgeous.

Edna x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card and bag, love the image and papers. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Design Challenge. Good luck. Chris xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Pauline gosh this is magnificent! I just love the bright colours and the design of the card and bag!! I got my die today - only ordered it yesterday afternoon from Joanna Sheen (free P and P) and it arrived today!! I have held off with the bedding plants :-) xx

Jacqueline Muller said...

Thanks for your inspiration and the letter for the bloghop!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline this is a brilliant set you have made, I totally love the design and images I really love that you have made the matching bag and card it looks so professional and expensive.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Bianca said...

What a lovely set of card and bag! I love the wonderfull colours! xx Bianca

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So adorable, I love the gorgeous Teddybo image
Lindsay xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! these are fab Pauline! I love the Teddy Bo image - he's adorable! and you've coloured him beautifully!!! and the papers are really scrummy! I love how the card and bag match - they are both stunning!
Hope you have a good day!
Love Sue xx

Liliya said...

Wonderful set!! I love all the beautiful details!! Lovely choice of papers!
Thank you for joining Robyn's Fetish Challenge!! xx Lilia DT

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Joanna Sheen! xxx

Bettina L. said...

I love how you've coloured Teddy Bo Pauline and such great design on both the card and bag. Have a lovely evening, hugs Bettina xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Just popping back to say thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
Lindsay xx

~Tammy~ said...

Super cute bag! Thanks for joining us this month at The Cupcake Craftoom!

loulou said...

What a gorgeous set and great colouring on the teddy.

Gabriele said...

Such a great set!
Love the colors, the stamp (it's coloration) and especially the papers :)
You do not need to apologize for the number of photos: that's great! It's so useful to see the details and it shows, how much work you had on making it! I love, that you also decorated the inside of the card accordingly :)

Have a nice day,
Greetings,
Gabriele

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Pauline. What a lot of work doing both a card and a gift bag but they're both great. Loved all the photos too! Thanks for sharing this great project. Helen x