Saturday 17 December 2011

Birthday Wishes

We all say that men's cards are the hardest to make, but teenage boy's have to be the most difficult ever.  I struggled to make this card for days, it's for my 13 year old son to give his 16 year old brother.  In the end I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out, I just hope he likes it.


The papers and the sentiment are from Polka Doodles Pretty Tuff CD and the letters and numbers are from Double Sprinkles of Kraft a collaboration between Polka Doodles and Willow Designs.  Everything is matted onto Kraft card stock.

This is the inside of the card, I've decorated it to match the front:


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 78 - for someone special
The Corrosive Challenge 139 - Anything EXCEPT Christmas
Allsorts Week 134 - Blue and brown
Glitter Geeks Week 28 - Anything Goes
Card Crafters Circle - Celebration

That's me finished for today, I need to get organised for the birthday celebrations tomorrow.  Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Pauline
x

12 comments:

Jan said...

Love this Pauline, excellent for a 16 yr old xx Jan

Catherine said...

Fab teenage card Pauline.....

Pauline said...

Hi Pauline! What a fab creation for a teenager! Thank you for sharing with us in our first challenge at Card Crafter's Circle... do join us again!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline
(yes I felt like I was writing to myself!)

Jennifer said...

Fabulous "man" card!Love all your papers and that sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle for our very first challenge! Hugs.

brenda said...

Totally agree with you on teenage card Pauline, but you have pulled it off perfectly here.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and have a lovely Christmas.

Your card would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

B x

Paula said...

This is a perfect teenage card, love it! The colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Claire said...

I always find teenagers difficult too - but you have done an amazing job with this one Pauline and he is going to love it - fab colours! Hugs, Claire x

Nicola said...

Great teenage birthday card Pauline! Love your design inside and out!
Thanks for entering our Blue and Brown challenge this fortnight for Allsorts, good luck and Happy Christmas!
Love Nicola xxx

s4rah said...

Great card Pauline, boy cards are hard to make aren't they but you definitely cracked it! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!

Benzi said...

Oh, I really like this card...a lot. It's super for a 16 yr. old boy. I really like those numbers. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Sue B said...

Well I think this is perfect for a 16 year old Pauline, your son will love it !! Gorgeous papers and love the colour combo. The 16 and the name are lovely touch!
I saw some of your cards on C & C yesterday. Gorgeous creations! and I love Polly Pickleberry!! she's really sweet.
Have a good week!
Hugs Sue xx

Debs said...

Fabulous teenage boy card - great design.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx