Saturday, 3 September 2011

Shabby Chic Teddy Bea

Good evening all, I've just got back from watching my son and his band 'Talking to Amy' perform at a charity event.  It was a great performance, they get better and better every time I see them and guess what, they have been offered a paid gig, Fantastic news.

Now, back to the card that I've made for the current Teddy Bo Challenge - black, white and one more colour - I found this one quite hard as I usually use quite a lot of colour- I added some pink accents and used ProMarkers to add some pink to Bea's hat.  As I didn't have any black ribbon I also used my ProMarkers to colour some seam binding black.


I used the sketch from Sketchy Colors and distressed my card to fit in with the Shabby Chic challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday (I've got a Top Tip this week as well).  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

As usual I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front.



Image:  Teddy Bo - Teddy Bea Puppy Love
Papers:  Shery K Designs - Pink & Grey Paper Pack
Tools:  Marianne CreaTables Corner, CREAlies Tag, Spellbinders - Classic Squares (inside card)
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts Seam Binding, pearls from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV

I would  like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 
Teddy Bo Challenge 16 - Black, White and one more colour (I chose pink)
Top Tip Tuesday - Shabby Chic - Top Tip - Store your Spellbinders, or any metal dies, on Magnetic sheets attached to your craft room wall, I find that having my dies out on display I tend to make more use of them.
 
There is still time to enter the sketch challenge going on over at the Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog why don't you pop over have a look at Claire's sketch.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

20 comments:

Carol said...

This looks great Pauline, the hint of pink is perfect. Well done to your son and the band. Carol x

Nicolchen said...

just wonderful...fantastic papers :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at the Teddy Bo Challenge ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Jan said...

Great news about the paid gig Pauline.
I love your card, touch of pink is gorgeous xx Jan

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the way you have shaded outside the image instead of colouring him in - very effective!

Helle said...

Pauline,your card is BEAutiful!
Thanks for playing with us at Teddy Bo this time.
Fingers crossed.

-Helle-

Miria said...

Hi, Pauline. Congrats on your son's performance!
I love your card. I like monochrome, it's so elegant! Hugs, Miria

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous love this image, fab take on the challenge,thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo hugs pops x x x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, I love the hint of pink. Hugs, Claire x

Nela said...

Gorgeous creation in beautiful colours!
Thanks for playing with us at the Teddy Bo challenge
Nela xx

Annette said...

Great tip, I keep my nesties to hand too and get loads of use as they are easily accessible. Love it. Great card too, love the bear (you can never go wrong with a bear!) Thanks for joining in with our shabby chic challenge at TTT this week. Good luck, Annette xx

Lorraine said...

Oh my...this is fabulous. You've done a fabulous job. Love it. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Flutterby Trina said...

awwww i just want to snuggle him! Thanks for playing along this week at TTT and hope to see you again next week for our big birthday bash! x

katesacraftybugger said...

Aw this is fabulous Pauline ,I love it ,thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Pauline. Love the cute image, the pretty background... great color combo! :o)

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Pauline!!! I love the your extra color and just the light touches of pink look beautiful! Such a sweet image too! I can't believe how well the marker covered the ribbon!! AND good for your son! Best of luck to him for the future with his band!!
:)Kathy

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week. Good luck.
Hugs, Anja

Angie said...

Fantastic card great colours thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this time
Angie x

Sue said...

Aww this is gorgeous Pauline! Love the colour combo and it's my favourite bear Bea!!! Beautiful papers and love the bow!
Wow that is good news about your son getting a gig! you should be well proud!!
Hugs Sue xx

Samantha said...

Love your card the colours are great! Very pretty card, Thanks for playing along this week at Top Tip Tuesday with our 'shabby chic challenge!

Don't miss this weeks 1st Birthday bash and challenge hugs Samantha - Top Tip Tuesday :0)

HandmadebyTLC said...

Terrific tip `The pink color is fabulously shabby and chic! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week! Hugs and good luck!
Tammy Louise