Saturday, 27 August 2011

Merry and Bright

Good evening, I hope you're having a good weekend, at least the weather has improved at little here.  This is a card I've made following Dena’s brilliant sketch over at Wild Orchid Crafts.  I'm really making the effort to get some Christmas Cards started so I've used 'Christmas Candle' from Lili of the Valley and teamed it up with some NitWit papers.


I used my Floral Doily dies to cut the circle and border and as I didn't have any ribbon to match I coloured some seam binding with one of my Spectrum Noir pens.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front.



Image:  LOTV - Christmas Candle
Papers:  NitWit - Cookin' Cookies
Tools:  Spellbinders - Floral Doily Motifs, Floral Doily Accent, Classic Squares (inside card), Darice Embossing Folder
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts Seam Binding
Sentiment:  Creative Expressions

I would  like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Divas by Design Challenge 9 - Christmas in August

There is a new sketch challenge going on over at the Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog why don't you pop over and have a go, you never know you might win a lovely prize.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Gorgeous Christmas Card Pauline!

Carol said...

Wonderful Christmas card Pauline, love the clean simple lines of it. Carol x

Jo said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pauline, I love your take on the sketch. Jo x

Anita said...

Lovely Christmas card. Adorable image and your layout is so pretty. Thank you for joining the Divas challenge.

Kellylouj said...

This is a lovely card I think I really am going to have to do the insides of my cards it just looks so much nicer xx

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, I love this sweet image and looks great with the traditional papers. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Aww this was one of my first stamps ever!! Gorgeous image! The paper is perfect and love the embossed snowflakes and the ribbon - Love it all!
Hugs Sue xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Pauline, Many thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. This card is lovely! Love the inside decorated! Judy x