Sunday 21 August 2011

Air Guitar

Good evening, I hope you've had a good weekend.  This is a card I've made for my son to give a friend for his birthday.  They are both 15, a rather difficult age to put it mildly.


The image is 'Air Guitar' by Mo Manning and the papers are a NitWit download.  The music strip is from a kit by Hunkydory.  I followed Sue's sketch over at  Sketch n Stash and added a few bits from my stash along with a stamped tag from LOTV.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front.



Image: Mo Manning - Air Guitar
Papers:  NitWit - In the Meadow, Hunkydory - Last Night a the Proms
Tools:  Spellbinders Classic Squares (inside card)
Embellishments: button, charm and raffia from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV

I would  like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sketch n Stash Challenge 68 - Sketch 9 (neglected items - button and charm)
Crafts and Me Challenge 48 - Blues or Blue/Greens

There is a great sketch challenge going on over at the  Willow Sketchie Challenge Blog  why don't you pop over and have a go at this weeks challenge, you never know you might win a lovely prize.

Thank you for looking, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Pauline
x

16 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card,I like the image, great take on the sketch, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch n stash.
Kevin xx

Sue said...

fabulous male card and a a great take on the sketch

Thank you for using my sketch and for joining us at SnS

sue
xx

Catherine said...

Fab card, that image is fab and the colours are great...

Diane's Card Designs said...

Great card love the image and fab take on the sketch.
Diane :-) xx

Carol said...

Great card Pauline, it's a fab image for a teenager. Loving your button treatment at the bottom. Carol x

Elaine L. said...

This is a wonderful card for a young man! I love the soft blue papers and the music behind the image panel. That charm is perfect, too! Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

Debbie said...

Great take on the challenge this week at Mo's. Love your layout and the music paper is the perfect choice as is the image for a 15 year old boy. and yes I agree such a difficult age. thanks for joining us this week. Hope to see you again next week as well

Hugs
Debbie

Pat said...

Oh Pauline...this is the best Mo image for a 15 year-old young man!! Beautiful coloring...and your DPs and just perfect! I love 'em! Thanks so much for joining is this week at Mo's for our fun, fun challenge! Hugs. Pat Frank

Claire said...

This is brilliant Pauline, great image, love the colours and perfect for a 15 year old. My Son will be 17 in a couple of weeks and I'm still looking for a suitable image, it doesn't get any easier LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Rosietoes said...

Super card Pauline. I'm sure he will be delighted with it too.

Edna x

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow fabulous card and I love Mos images. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Clairebears said...

Pauline this is brilliant, I love that image - just perfect for a teenage boy!
Love CLairebears x

Jill said...

gorgeous card pauline great image and I love the little guitar charm thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Iulia said...

Hi, Pauline! This is a perfect Boy's card! Love the way you added the charm on top:)It's really difficult to make a card for a 15 year old but I'm sure your son's friend simply loved it!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's for our fun "blue" challenge!
Hugs, Iulia

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, love the image and colours. I have two boys, currently 7 and 4 and am not looking forward to the teenage years I have to say! Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Anything Goes challenge, good luck x

Marianne said...

Wow, this is so cool!!! A great boys card!
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors, and lots of luck!
Hugs, Marianne:)