Thursday 2 June 2011

Sailor Shirt

This card was my first ever attempt at stamping.  I had been card making for about a year when I watched Joanna Sheen demonstrating some new stamps on TV.  They were her Faye Whitaker Rubber Stamps and I bought three, Kite, Dolly and this one Sailor Shirt.  My first love was always decoupage but these stamps changed that completely, I spend most of my time stamping now and my collection grows by the day.  I think my colouring has improved considerably and my inking around the edges certainly has, I never could get on with Cut-N-Dry so I use blusher brushes now, they give me a much more even effect.



Image and Sentiment:  Joanna Sheen Fay Whitaker Collection - Sailor Shirt
Papers:  NitWit - In the Meadow Collection (free with craft mag)
Embellishments:  raffia from stash

I would like to enter this card into the Shopping Our Stash Challenge 2 - Oldies but Goodies!

Thanks for looking.

Pauline
x

7 comments:

Deena said...

this is a really cute stamp...i really like this card...thanks for joining in the sos this week

Leslie Hanna said...

What an adorable image! And your coloring around the edges looks great!

Thanks for joining us at SOS this week!

Alica said...

so sweet! Love the cute little stamp and the papers go with it perfectly!
Thanks for joining us at SOS this week!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Kelly G said...

This card is just gorgeous. I love your stamp and the colours you have used go perfectly together. Awesome card - you should be very proud of yourself.

Lisa - papergrace said...

Cute sailor boy!! And all of the coloring really looks great. The patterned paper is absolutely perfect for that stamp, too. Well done!

Thanks for playing along with us at SOS this week! :)

CarlaKH said...

What a lovely card.. the colors are so peaceful and that image is adorable! Glad you joined us this week at SOS!

Jan said...

Great card! I love it! xx Jan