Sunday, 5 June 2011

Fairy Wishes

Good evening, the boys went to watch football today so I've had a lovely quiet day crafting.

For todays card I've used a lovely LOTV image from the die cut sheet called ' Thistledown Fairy'.


I used a gold colour Core'dinations card stock to back some free papers from Serif and sanded the edges to tone it down a little.  To add a little interest to the plain green paper I embossed it with my cuttlebug daisy pattern folder.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I kept the little flowers that were punched out with the Martha Stewart punch and glazed them with a little Crystal Lacquer to add interest in two of the corners.



The card is finished with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a sentiment attached with some ribbon from my stash.


Finally I decorated the inside of my card to co-ordinate with the front.



Image:   LOTV Thistledown Fairy
Papers: Serif Picnic in the Park
Tools:  Martha Stewart Flower Shower Punch, Cuttlebug Daisy Pattern Embossing Folder
Embellishments:   flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts, Punch Bunch Fern, ribbon from stash
Sentiment:  CREAlies Creative Shapes Die with rub-on sentiment from stash
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 
Wild Orchid Challenge 24 - Embossed Layers
Crafty Callendar June Challenge - Things With Wings!
 
Thank you for looking at my blog today.
 
Pauline
x



8 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card and lo Pauline. Love your colours and all the attention to detail.

Edna x

Angie said...

Beautiful card love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A very soft and pretty card Pauline

Wendy -x-

Carol said...

A lovely card Pauline, love the colour scheme. Carol x

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, gorgeous work thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week hugs Pops x x x

Kim. said...

Beautiful card really like the monochromatic colouring, lovely image and beautifully embellished. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenges this month.
Kim xXx

lynne said...

Hi this is just gorgeous! I love the soft colouring you have created!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month.
Lynne x

Thistledown said...

A very pretty card and a great layout.

Jen