Monday, 30 May 2011

Flower Fairy

Phew!  I never thought I would get this card finished.  You know when you get one of those cards that just won't seem to come together, well this was it.  I spent ages messing around trying to decide on backing papers, then coloured the image three times before I was happy with the colours  But eventually I got there and here it is.


The image is one of LOTV's A4 Stamp sheets coloured with ProMarkers, I eventually decided on some free papers from Serif - Picnic in the Park and teamed them up with another backing paper from one of my Bearly Mine Designs Cd's.  I edged the sentiment with a gold calligraphy pen and glittered the fairies wings, wand and the flowers in her hair.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

As is usual for me now I have decorated the inside of my card to match the front.



I am quite pleased with it in the end, even though it nearly ended in the bin quite a few times.

Image:   LOTV Fairies On Titoe
Papers: Bearly Mine Designs CD
Tools:  Nestabilities Scalloped Circles and Standard Circles, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch
Embellishments:   flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts, ribbon and pearls from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV A5 Stamp Oh So Girlie

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

LOTV Challenge 98 - I believe in Fairies
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge 35 - Use 2 or more stamps on your creation - I have used LOTV Fairies on Tiptoe and LOTV Oh So Girlie sentiment
Sketch Saturday Week 157


Thank you for looking at my blog today, I hope to see you again soon.
Pauline
x

4 comments:

Rosietoes said...

So glad you persevered Pauline - it's gorgeous. Love the lo and the papers are lovely.

Edna x

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Pauline and well worth the time you spent making it. Fab backing papers and coloured beautifully.
Hugs
Christine xx

Samantha said...

Beautiful card, Love your colours too!
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week, hugs Samantha

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful image and papers.
luv
Debby